Please note that some of our links are affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through & make a purchase. Happy clicking!
This recipe is an easy way to get your meat, fruit, vegetable, and starch all in one sitting – plus it’s easy to prepare!
Kielbasa Apple Campfire Mix
A delicious kielbasa and apple mix up that you can personalize based on your tastes! Prefer a different kind of apple? Switch it up! Like different vegetables? Toss them in!
- Cast Iron Skillet or Foil Packets -The skillet will help you control the done-ness, but foil packets work, too!
- Metal Spatula with Long Handle -For tossing around your mix
- 1 Package Kielbasa
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple
- 10 Small Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Preferred Seasoning -We used Italian, salt, and pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Cooking Oil -We used extra virgin olive oil
- First, slice up the apple into thin pieces.
- Then slice the peppers into thin strips.
- Slice the Yukon Gold small potatoes into half-inch pieces.
- Cut the onion in half, then cut into quarter inch slices.
- Cut the kielbasa into half inch rounds.
- If you're using a cast iron skilled, put the skillet on the grate over the campfire and add the cooking oil. Then, put all of the ingredients in the skillet and cook for about 25 to 35 minutes, tossing with a spatula every few minutes to make sure nothing gets burned to the bottom.
- If you're using foil packets, spread the cooking oil on the inside of the foil packet. Place all of the ingredients in the foil packet, and set the packet on the campfire grate. Cook for about 25 to 35 minutes, turning over foil packet at least once.
- Once the kielbasa is heated through and vegetables are soft, take off the campfire and let sit for a few minutes.
- Serve in bowls and ENJOY!