EASY Campfire Recipes: Chicken Parm Burgers
Please note that some of our links are affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through & make a purchase. Happy clicking!
You don’t have to be a culinary wizard to make these EASY chicken parm burgers & zucchini spears – or any of our EASY campfire recipes – trust us!
For this recipe, you can prepare the burger patties & zucchini spears before you even leave the house, toss them in your cooler or RV/camper freezer, and then do the cooking at the campground.
Chicken Parm Burgers & Zesty Zucchini Spears
- foil bag
- foil sheet
- grill spatula
- EVOO cooking spray
- Italian spices, salt & pepper
- 4 bakery buns fresh!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 handful Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 slices cheese - your choice - parmesan, mozzerella, provolone thick!
- 1 small jar pizza sauce or thick spaghetti sauce
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 /2 small chopped onion (optional)
- Spray the inside of a foil cooking bag with EVOO cooking spray.
- Cut the zuchhinis long-ways and toss the spears into the bag.
- Sprinkle the seasoning you like into the bag. I recommend a generic Italian spice seasoning and a lot of black pepper.
- Place on the campfire grill for 10 minutes on each side.
Chicken Parm Burgers
- Mix the ground chicken, egg, and breadcrumbs, along with a little salt & pepper & Italian spices, in a bowl and form into four burger patties.
- Spray a double-layered sheet of foil with EVOO cooking spray and place on the campfire grill.
- Place the burgers on the sheet of foil and cook for 15 minutes on each side.
- Once you've removed the zucchinis from the fire, use that side of the grill to toast the buns.
- Slice the foil bag down the middle and salt the zucchini spears.
- Place the ground chicken burger onto the bun and cover with a piece of cheese of your choice (or two, your choice). Let stand for a minute, and then add a dollup of pizza (or spaghetti) sauce and a few chopped onions if you'd like. Close the bun and DONE!