Coming Attractions: State Parks on the Summer Schedule
Please note that some of our links are affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through & make a purchase. Happy clicking!
We’ll be waking Axl Roads up from his winter slumber this week, but before we get into all those de-winterizing details (in a different post!), we wanted to share which state parks we have on the schedule so far for this year for Pennsylvania, Maryland, and West Virginia.
Our qualifications for state park RV campgrounds haven’t changed since last year. We still need a pet-friendly spot with 30 amp electric service and hot showers with flush toilets. We can live without sewage or water hook-ups.
Hopefully, this list will have additions as the season rolls on – but these are the parks where we have standing reservations:
- Poe Valley State Park Coburn, PA (central) This park is smack-dab in the center of Pennsylvania, and it has a few other parks close by that will be great for side trips. Central PA also tends to have really good ice cream stops.
- Swallow Falls State Park Oakland, MD (western) Waterfalls. That is all.
- Hyner Run State Park North Bend, PA (northcentral) This will likely be Franklin & Hazel’s most favorite visit of the summer because it has a shallow, wide creek running through it!
- West Branch State Park Ravenna, OH We’ll be using West Branch as a home base to visit Cuyahoga Valley National Park, just a little over a half hour away.
- Holly River State Park Hacker Valley, WV This second-largest-in-WV state park is also near Audra State Park, an old favorite of our late dog Benjamin (pictured below, RIP!)
Do you have any advice from visiting those parks you’d like to share?
Can you recommend any great places to eat or pit stops to stretch our legs out along the way?
Let us know in the comments below!